Spiga

Welcome

Welcome

McDonald's in Teluk Intan

I never expect to see this one in my lifetime, but it happened. Apparently, the first McDonald's in Teluk Intan is opening in 9 days' time. It comes with Drive-Thru and most importantly, 24-hour service!

Behind the McDonald's building is an unknown shopping mall (said to be hosting Giant Hypermarket, many stores, and even a cineplex), which is also believed to be opening soon. This definitely comes as a relief to Teluk Intan folks, who are deprived of a literally functioning cinema since...? years ago. I remember now; the last movie I watched in Teluk Intan was Jurassic Park
.

Indeed, it has been a long time since Teluk Intan last saw a major change. Home to a mere 190,000 population, it is not exactly easy to sustain a McDonald's here (Sandakan didn't get one either), let alone the mall behind. My only hope for McDonald's and Giant is: don't go bankrupt. Anyway, I'm sure both places will be flooded by people for the next six months, especially those deep-pockets from the neighbouring small towns and villages (even richer than town folks, kinda hurts to think of it huh?).

3 comments:

  aLvin

December 4, 2008 at 9:18 PM

hahaha..... i also shocked since i back to teluk intan two months ago...
AND, have the same feeling with you~ hehehehe
the last movie i watched in teluk intan is Last Samurai.

  GilaChess

January 26, 2009 at 5:33 PM

wow Jurassic Park? I think the last show I watched there was Aliens.

Anyway I hear that Giant also has problems opening. Delays in contractors finishing their work. Some say it will be at least 6 more months before the building can be completed.

  Kyle C

January 31, 2009 at 11:07 AM

lol...I know Jurassic Park is kinda old. Its just that VCDs, DVDs (and now RMVBs) ruled ever after, so, ... ...